Wednesday, May 30, 2012

I'm Back!!

So...My guess is that no one reads this anymore because I have been so bad about blogging. However, I have been inspired by my new favorite website ever, itjustgetsstranger.blogspot.com (please do yourself a favor and read this blog.  It can't not cheer you and will make you laugh so hard that milk will come out of your nose) Moral of the story, I'm going to make a valient blogging effort!  I shall start with this silly little story immortalizing a life changing event in my history.

THE ELECTRONIC MOUSETRAP

Once upon a time, there was a girl named Laura Hess. Laura had beautiful golden locks that were envied by all. What the populace didn't realize was that Laura's hair was nothing without her blowdryer, a principle that was not unique to Laura and has been tried and tested true by women throughout the ages.

On a beautiful spring day before work Laura was blowdrying her hair, a common routine. She was fortunate enough to live in a house that she overall adored, however Laura's bathroom had one fatal flaw; there were no plugs. It was clearly designed by a man. So Laura rigged up a brilliant system! If she plugged her blowdryer into an extention cord that was plugged into a power strip that was plugged into an adapter that was plugged into the wall, she could still perform her daily ritual in her bathroom! Thus she proceeded.

Towards the end of her hair frying routine, the lights flickered a few times, not an uncommon occurance. You can imagine Laura's shock and horror when she turned off her blowdryer, and in fierce protest of her electrical mousetrap, the extension cord burst into flames! Laura shrieked, dropped the blowdryer and stood back. The flaming contraption landed on her bathroom rug quickly spreading the flames with its new fuel, her beautiful rug that her mother had made for her.

Laura suddenly could not remember a single useful fire fighting tip that she had learned in her many years of OSHA torture. She knew this was an electrical fire which meant something different, she just couldn't think what! "Stop drop and roll"? She thought, "no, that doesn't seem right. Pull, aim, squeeze and sweep? But with what shall I PASS? Rescue, alarm, contain, extinguish?". Somehow, none of the acronyms that OSHA holds so dear seemed applicable in a real life situation.  Turns out Laura had never learned any practical skills. After about a minute, she had a moment of inspiration and simply stamped out the fire with the other half of the rug. In a paranoid fit before work, Laura went around the house unplugging all applicances in sight.
 
As Laura was a jumpy wreck that week envisioning everything around her catching flames, she wondered how to put her fears to ease. Late one, she awoke in the middle of a dream shouting "baking soda!! Of course!" Laura now sleeps easy and keeps baking soda in her bathroom. Oh, and also, she hasn't worked up the nerve to buy a new blowdryer. Baby steps! 
 

Yes, all of these things used to be attached.

3 comments:

Jenn said...

Wow. I have no other words. Just . . . wow.
And also, I'm glad you're back, I missed you.

Kaylene said...

I read your blog Laura!! I actually have it on my google reader so I can anytime you post :)

I am glad you survived your hairdryer-fire experience. I miss you so much and hope all is going well (and that you have no more fires)!

Halo BW said...

Hello! Please post more often!

http://alam.uniknya.com/2016/05/09/pesona-alam-negeri-tetangga-yang-wajib-anda-cicipi/