Sunday, October 2, 2011

I have now seen, and I believe

Over labor day, my friend Ashley Allan and I set off on a marvelous adventure. We headed north to the magical kingdom of Cape Cod. This is a land fraught with mystery and majesty, secrets and surprises, fantasy and fiction. You never know what you might meet round the next bend. Nothing is impossible in Cape Cod. You might even see the allusive and mystical humpback whale. I have long maintained that whales do not exist, for how could such a fantastic creature possibly be real. I mean look at this thing.



Cape Cod is truly a land where dreams come true, where miracles happen. For I, Laura Hess, now add my witness that the humpback whale is a true and living creature. For I have seen it with my own eyes. In fact, I saw nine of them.









I am so thrilled to be among the believers. So thrilled in fact, that I have honored the whales by naming my new beloved after them. I love fish, and I frequently own fish. When my last fish, Apollo, died I thought that I could never love another fish. However, with the change in scenery (aka, the move to Virginia, more on that later!) I decided to purchase a new fish! I named him Entropy, which was the name of the one of the whales that we saw. He is absolutely beautiful!



He looks very similar to Apollo after Apollo changed colors, except Entropy is more turquoise purpley.





I love him, and I'm so happy to have a fake boyfriend again**!



**If this doesn't make sense to you, see post from November 2008.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

I'm glad you finally got to see the whales. I briefly saw them with binoculars in Alaska several years ago, but they are amazing creatures!

You have quite the handsome fish there! I hope he doesn't keep your house too messy, if you know what I mean ;)

Jenn said...

Finally! They really do exist! So glad you saw them. And I like your new fish.