Wednesday, September 28, 2011

A visual accounting

Here is a brief spattering of pictures from a few random things. I'll try to post more later!!

At Easter time, we found ourselves wanting to paint eggs. Turns out when you go to buy Easter egg dye the day before Easter, the stores are sold out. So we used nail polish!



Still a little confused about how on earth I got a degree from Yale.



The graduation party



This may surprise you, but it rained.



My church had a mustache party. It was silliness to perfection!



Terrence and I inside the ancient Colosseum!



Ancient Rome. Words cannot describe how awesome this place was. Rome on the whole was not my favorite part of the trip, but these ancient ancient ruins where real life really happened was amazing!!



St. Peter's Basilica was really awesome. While Peter never wanted this kind of church, the dedication and effort it must have taken to build it really touched me. It was the most elaborate building I have ever seen.



The amazing country cottage that we stayed out in Lucca, just outside of Florence. It was an incredible place, and is where I shall honeymoon...



Cinque Terre, breathtaking!!!



Terrence and I on a gondola in Venice. Touristy? Perhaps, but I had a much higher opinion of the city after taking the water tour!! Before it just smelled bad, after it smelled like ancient sewage problems.



Lauterbrunnen Switzerland. Holy cow was it pretty here! The biggest collection of waterfalls in one glacier valley is here!



Oh, sweet mystery of life at last I've found thee!!



All roads lead to Interlaken. No really, they do!



I knew I would find true love in Salzburg!!



The classic Salzburg picture, taken from the Mirabel gardens! Several famous movie scenes have been filmed here, including my fav from the Sound the Music!



Russia!!! St. Petersburg!!! Yes, I loved it as much as I always thought I would.



Peterhof, where Peter the Great, found of St. Petersburg in 1702, built this elaborate gold plated fountain system!



The Kremlin. I had no idea that the Kremlin had so much history. We saw the burial grounds of all the ancient tsars, as well as this particular church, where the tsars were inaugurated!



St. Basil's cathedral was maybe one of my favorite parts of the whole trip. Each little spire is its own individual chapel, which means that the inside is this awesome ancient little maze. With awesome acoustics as a beautiful singing group proved!!

No comments: