Saturday, September 3, 2011

Adventures of late

When I say adventures of late, I am referring to adventures as of the last 7 months since that is the last time I updated my blog. I would say that the last 7 months have been extremely action packed, which means that I will not have much detail, which is a shame for my posterity. I have lost the blogging game but will attempt to catch up!! I will first post descriptions, then do an intense picture post.

Professional life front:

I graduated!! Wow, it is very very hard to believe that my education at Yale University has come and gone!! I am officially a certified family nurse practitioner and have accepted a job in a pediatric primary care office!! Yippee!!! I have a real life again!

Personal life front:

Did I mention that the job is in northern Virginia just south of Washington DC?! I will be moving down at the end of September! Very excited and a little nervous for this new adventure. I will be living with my good friend Nicki Schoonmaker. You may ask me why I choose DC, and I will tell you: it seems like a good idea.

Fun life front:

I went to Europe!!!!!! Holy cow, I cannot have enough exclamation points behind this!! I loved it! I went with Terrence, and my friends Ben, Matt and Charles. I went to several cities in Italy, Switzerland, and Austria. I love Salzburg!! And Lauterbrunnen! And Cinque Terre! I just love it. I left the boys and joined my friend Anna in (drumroll please) Russia!! I have been wanting to visit Russia for as long as I can remember, and now I have!!! Yes, it was everything I dreamed of. I was on vacation for 3 weeks in June, and could have happily stayed for the rest of the summer at least!

I have seen many Broadway shows in my time here in Connecticut. Here is a complete list

In the Heights x2
Shrek
Memphis x5 (I know I know, but I really liked it, you can live stream on Netflix and learn for yourself)
Finian's Rainbow
Addams Family
How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying (almost x2, I'm going again next week!)
West Side Story
Billy Elliot
Lend Me a Tenor
Catch me if you Can

I sure love Broadway and will miss it immensely!

Crazy weather life front:

um, we had a earthquake. yes, yes we did. Most unfortunately I was driving at the time so didn't even feel it.

and, uh, in the same week, we had a hurricane. Wowzer. Last days or what! It was somewhere between a tropical storm and a category 1 hurricane, but it sure did its share of damage! Trees down everywhere, and many people still don't have power!! I decided to play it safe and leave my fabulous beach house so can't report on how awesome the ocean must have looked at the time. Definitely the most wind I have every encountered! My house had a touch of damage, but overall I came out of it very well.

Ok, I think that's all of the really big stuff, I will be back later in the week with lots of pictures of all of these occasions!

2 comments:

Sara said...

Yay, you blogged!! I don't think that list is complete. What about Billy Elliot? And didn't you see Mary Poppins? Maybe the Rocketts don't count since they weren't on Broadway...

Ashley Bybee Stepp said...

I'm so excited you get to live with Nicki!