Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Snow, snow, snow!!!

I love the snow!!! I just do! If it has to be cold and dreary, it might as well snow! I love to sled, to throw snowballs, to make snow angels, snow cones, snow forts! And it is so beautiful while falling and even more beautiful when it is fresh and untouched, and the sun can just make snow sing! And who doesn't love a good snow day!

Take for example the March storm of 2003 where we got about 3 feet of snow, and school was canceled for a week! It made the world wonderful. Doesn't this just look fun? (just to give you a frame of reference, there is a car in this picture...you can see the rearview mirror barely sticking out!)



Need further proof that snow is incredible?

Here is snow's contribution to Alaska's scenery:



And what about this random picture I found on the internet? Gorgeous!



Snow has also been an essential part in creating some wonderful creatures, snowpeople! Who doesn't love this guy?



Who would put the star on the tree without him? And what about this wonderful lady (Stella I think was her name...my sibs and I made her)



Or this snowbaby, Felix, that Sara and I recently made



Don't we just look so happy together?







This is only a small sampling of the snowpeople have touched my life.

Plus hot chocolate tastes so much better after you have been playing in the snow. Trust me, snow is God's gift to the world!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

I hate snow. You haven't convinced me. But I do like your post anyway.