Thursday, February 4, 2010

I look like who!?!?

Lately on facebook there is this thing going around that you put as your profile picture a celebrity you've been told you look like. Well, to be be perfectly honest, the only people I've been told I look like are my siblings, and sorry sibs, none of you count. So I had been pondering last week who I might look like, to no avail. When I was about to give up the search, content to just look like myself, my answer came! I was seeing a patient in my clinical when out of the blue she says "you know, you look like Sissy Spacek." I was then accused of being too young when I responded "Sissy who?" But she insisted I was the spitting image, and called me Sissy the rest of the visit.

As soon as I got home I googled Sissy Spacek and found that this is what I'm going to look like when I am 50.

http://dvrlife.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/20071129_sissy-spacek.gif

I couldn't find a younger picture but, ok, I can see some resemblance and she's a pretty lady so I'll take it. I was about to buy into it, when I came across some information that completely turned me off from ever wanting to look like this woman. She has recently joined the cast of the HBO series "Big Love", a show which is the very reason that I will never watch a single thing on HBO. This show practiced blatant religious intolerance when they aired a sacred LDS ceremony on TV. It was tactless and showed an obvious lack of respect for religious beliefs in general, not to mention put on display something that faithful LDS members have promised to keep sacred by not discussing outside of the temple walls. My favorite part was that HBO tried to make church members feel better by saying that they had consulted experts to ensure accuracy. First, any expert that would have communicated this information to them is an ex-communicated member of the church. Second, if they were concerned about accuracy, they would have accurately depicted the ceremony as being sacred and not appropriate to show on national television. Sorry Sissy, I think I'll just stick with looking like myself.

Here are some my favorite shots of temples. They are truly magnificent buildings but even more magnificent is the work that goes on inside of the walls!



St. George, Utah



Denver, Colorado



Manti, Utah



Melbourne, Australia



San Diego, California


Salt Lake City, Utah

1 comment:

Jen said...

The picture in this post shows up right next to your picture on the side bar. There is a resemblance.