Wednesday, November 11, 2009

BROADWAY!

What do you get when you put someone who highly enjoys Broadway shows an hour north of New York City? That's right, you get me. Here's what I've seen so far!


I just loved "In the Heights" and I had been wanting to see it since it won the Tony for best musical, best score, and best choreography and best orchestration in 2008. It was so amazing. I love Usnavi.


That's me and Usnavi (just ignore that bright flash on his hand implying that he might be a poster)
Shrek! This show was also fun, won best costumes in 2009 and nominated for best musical, and a slew of others. The best part about this show though was the woman who played Fiona, Sutton Foster. She is probably my favorite Broadway singer, and I got to see her live! Ah, made me infinitely happy.

Don't worry plenty more musicals to come! Ragtime is back on Broadway! As is Cheyenne Jackson and Kristen Chenoweth and Hugh Jackman and John Stamos! So many shows, I could spend a life time!

6 comments:

Nicki said...

Yeah for musicals and Broadway. If nothing else about going to Yale is worth it, living that close to NYC must be :)

Alicia said...

I'm so coming out to stay with you and go to many musicals! I'm so jealous your so close! Love ya, talk soon!

Heidi said...

I love it! Wanna save a seat for me at your next show?

Ashley Bybee Stepp said...

Let me know when the Hugh Jackman shows are. I'd really like to see live in a broadway. :)

Sara said...

John Stamos? Really? He doesn't sing, does he?

AmyLiz said...

SARA!! Im shocked at you! Uncle Jessie was the leader singer in his band his whole life! Ofcourse he can sing! I hope you know Im refering to the one and only Full House. Laura you are living the high life!! You are like a cat with an endless supply of yarn balls..yes yarn balls! How the heck did emily get out there??!