Thursday, October 1, 2009

You did what!?!?

I thought I would save you all some breaths, and say for you what I know you will say when I announce what I did. I went to a Yankees game! It's true! I hopped in the car with a crazy New York driver, went down to the Bronx, sat in the brand spanking new Yankees stadium and watched an entire baseball game. And guess what, I enjoyed every minute of it! I've discovered my problem watching baseball, I've always sat too far back to be able to see the ball. Turns out when you sit close enough that you can see the ball, you don't get bored nearly as quickly. It's much more enjoyable! This was our view.



But Laura! you're saying, those seats are 21 rows back from the field! Those have got to be at least $300 seats! I know, don't worry, I didn't compromise any standards, we only paid $25!! Through an interesting series of events, we got extremely lucky.



They somehow knew I was coming so they put my name up on the board. Some people may try and convince you that is an advertisement for the gas station, don't be deceived! I'm still wondering though who the heck has a last name of Budweiser...



I was accompanied by a couple of great guys I have met in the branch, Alan (above) and Clarence (below). Alan unfortunately carries a curse of the home team losing when he attends the game, so the Yankees did lose. Fortunately I'm a *social fan so didn't lose any sleep. Clarence on the other hand...


*social fan - Whomever I happen to be with at the time, whatever their favorite team is, that is my favorite team. I'll probably end up cheering for the Red Sox by the time the year is over.

8 comments:

Lance and Jen said...

Laura, Lance is going to die when I tell him. He'll be so jealous...someday we'll get there! Glad it was fun! Oh and if you ever hear of $25 tickets again, send them our way! And you may want to stick to be a Yankees fan, at least for the season, because they could kick a lot trash by the end of October!

Krys said...

Laura...now that I know you have a blog...I'm going to "follow" you! Next baseball game...see that I can be invited...please...thanks :)

Sara said...

You did what!?!?!

I couldn't resist:)

Peter, Pam, Tristan, and Kaiman said...

Thats so cool that you went! I would pass on being a Red Socks fan though and stick to the Yankees if your going to pick an esat coast team. Otherwise the Rockies are doing really well again:) Its Roctober here in Colorado!

Dave Hess said...

Laura, that's way cool that you got to go to a baseball game and that you enjoyed it.

But the Rockies are really the only team you should be rooting for.

AmyLiz said...

You did WHAT?? You hopped in a carr with a crazy new york driver?????????? Youre such a brave soul!

Im also certain you could care less if the red sox win..you could still be their number 1 fan...for the night anyway :).

Emily Moulton said...

I shouldn't even comment but I have to. Try Fenway Park. No matter where your seats are (cheaper than the dreaded NY stadium), it is an even better experience. Even for a "social fan" like yourself. Keep cheering for the Red Sox, or at least anyone playing against the Yankees (in cases such as now when Boston's already out). For my sake.

Nicki said...

$25 that is a sweet deal if I ever heard of one. I didn't realize that you got to sit so stinking close and the comment about being able to see just makes me laugh and think of you skwinting at your alarm clock two inches from it's face first thing in the morning