Sunday, August 30, 2009

Apollo's new groove

My fish is adjusting quite nicely to the east coast. He seems to be happy, swimming well, eating well. However he has undergone a strange mutation. Let us review his Utah look.



Nice blue color (which actually did fade some, sorry I don't have a more recent picture), white fins with splashes of red. Apollo has decided that with the change in environment, he needed to also have a drastic change. This is the new Apollo.








He is still acting healthy and I still love him just the same, he's just turned more...red. Four prevailing theories right now. The first is his little container that I brought him over in was red, and maybe he just misses that container and it is kind of like the patronus phenomenon. The second theory is stress, it's a killer. The third theory, Apollo died on the trip, my fam didn't want to tell me so switched him when I was sleeping hoping I wouldn't notice. The fourth and most likely theory in my mind is the fact that there is fluoride in the water in Connecticut that was not in the water in Utah! Hm...what do you think?

3 comments:

AmyLiz said...

hmmm I dont know...honestly he doesnt even look like the same fish..like his fins dont even look the same shape..if that makes sense? Or maybe its just the picture. Obviously the color is different but he cant change his shape! Altho..not to alarm you or anything..I bought a lil gold fish when it was tiny (it actually died today :( ) but i picked him cuz he had a black stripe and i thought that was cool. Well he lived a nice long life, and got real big, but his cool black stripe disapeared. Turns out his cool black stripe was really a burn from the water..and he healed after bringing him home with the correct water treatments. So maybe?? Our old beta Delilah (also dead..can you tell we arent good with fish?) would lose its torquoise color when it was stressed out but it would always return after it calmed down. I'd interogate your family! Maybe I will myself the next time I see them!! Haha

AmyLiz said...

i cant believe i actually successfully left a comment on here!! I could never get the login junk to work before! Horraaah!!

Nicki said...

Wowzer- it's only been a few weeks and that sure doesn't look like the same apollo I traveled with. Hm...I personally like the patronus theory.