Friday, May 1, 2009

Snails. Why did it have to be, snails?

I looked out my front door and what did I see? This...


okay okay Laura, Utah has a few snails, it's just one snail crawling on the fence. Don't panic. Then I looked a little harder and saw this...



huh. If you look carefully you will see no less than 5 snails on this fence. As I was inspecting the fence I heard a crunch, I looked down and saw this...



If you look carefully you will see no less than 7 snails on the sidewalk in front of my house (haha, including the one I accidentally stepped on). I started looking around and gasped. An army of snails was accumulating right outside my door!! Forget about swine flu, I am preparing for invasion! I must admit while I believe that snails are the spawns of the devil because they kill gardens, they are fascinating creatures, so I started collecting them in one area to get a better idea of how many there were and to observe. Folks, these pictures you are about to see are not for the weak of heart. They are not fabricated. None of these snails you see below are duplicates of those you see above. All of these snails were collected within 10 feet of my front door.


That is correct. You are counting 25 snails. Including the first pictures that makes 38 snails, and these are just the ones in visible, easy to kidnap places. Doesn't just their slime trail make you cringe?


Please, support my cause, step on a snail.

9 comments:

Jenn said...

That is truly disgusting. I think snails are really boogers that fell in some toxic waste and mutated, kind of like the Ninja Turtles did.

Alicia said...

You're so funny! That is gross! Ultimately! Hey do you want to see Treasure Island with me and my friend catherine? Let me know soon!

Ashley Bybee Stepp said...

I wonder what the environment impact would be if the snail population would be cut in half... I have to admit that I have no idea what snails do for us.

Sara said...

Eww...

Melanie said...

Hey Laura...this is Melanie...I was one of Sara's roommates in Southridge. I'm not sure if you remember me or not but I saw your blog from you sister's blog. I see you work at Primary's! We love that place. Are you on the floor? Our youngest has a heart condition and we frequent that hospital a lot! We actually have a little heart friend in the PICU right now. You can check out our blog at www.fourpages.blogspot.com. And if we get admitted to the hospital again, we will have to look you up! (We are hoping that we are still about a year away from that though.) Take care!

Melanie

Nicki said...

Ah Lolo, I have been thinking about you all weekend long. I miss you so much. You can make me laugh like no one else, as demonstrated by your posted blog. You are amazing.

Michelle Gifford said...

OH Laura! I hate snails, but the crunching sound they make brought Jessica and I together during freshmen orientation, so they can't be all bad.

Peter, Pam, Tristan, and Kaiman said...

Hey Terrence was telling me your going to Yale. Really are you? Not that it matters much for you, but they have good Men's lax and hockey teams:)

Marie said...

We saw snails clinging to the grass all over France! Maybe that is why they decided to start eating them! Personally I think they are gross and could not stand watching the boys pick them off the grass and mess with them. Yuck! I will surely join your cause to step on a snail!